You may have heard of the term ‘fat freezing’ and wondered what this beauty treatment involves. Well, the more official name for this highly effective and non-invasive treatment is cryolipolysis fat freezing, and it’s an extremely popular – and effective – way of handling unwanted fat deposits.
Read on to find out more about cryolipolysis fat freezing, and to find out whether it might be suitable for you.
What is cryolipolysis?
You’ll see this technology on the market under brand names such as CoolSculpting. Essentially, cryolipolysis is a non-invasive treatment for spot-reducing fat. It’s very popular because it helps to reduce fat cells that have built up in certain areas of the body by exposing them to cold temperatures during a spa treatment. The treatment was first developed in Harvard by medical professionals and it has been developed for use at reputable clinics around the world, thanks to its ability to deliver fantastic results without the need for surgery.
Also commonly referred to as ‘fat freezing’, this treatment helps to decrease the number of fat-resistant deposits in the body.
The benefits of cryolipolysis
Targeted fat reduction
– It helps to remove fat in certain target areas. This kind of ‘spot reduction’ can’t be achieved through diet and exercise alone. This is because calorie restriction and increased exercise help to reduce fat deposits all across the body, rather than in certain areas. Yes, we can focus exercises on one area to increase muscle tone, such as in the thighs, but we can’t target fat removal in ‘problem’ areas with diet and exercise. This is where cryolipolysis offers targeted results.
Natural and noticeable results
– The results of cryolipolysis are extremely natural-looking, and this also makes it very popular with clients who want to achieve a notable difference, but without looking as though they have had a more dramatic surgical intervention! The treatment can also be carried out in different sessions over time until the desired result is achieved.
Targeted and flexible
– Cryolipolysis can be used on any area of the body, such as on belly fat, on the thighs, on ‘love handles’ or any part of the body where the client feels unhappy with their body shape.
Natural results over time
– The results from cryolipolysis are achieved over time so that they look as natural as possible.
Suitable for most people
– This procedure is suitable for many clients, as it is non-invasive, safe, proven and natural in its effects. However, your clinician will carry out a full assessment before they confirm whether or not a client is suitable. This is taken as part of your client assessment and is carried out by a highly qualified professional for your total peace of mind.
How does cryolipolysis work?
The aesthetician will apply a cooling gel, before applying an applicator that suck the fold of skin gently into the machine. The target fat cells respond to the cooling temperature more than other surrounding skin cells. By precisely applying the trigger of cold temperature, these fat cells are destroyed. This leads to a localised inflammatory response, and surrounding healthy white blood cells digest the destroyed waste cells and naturally remove them from the body.
The treatment is painless and simply feels a little cold! Clients say that they find it relaxing and enjoyable and it doesn’t take long either!
Can I have this process done at home?
This process is different from treatments done at home because the cryolipolysis applicator is of a medical grade and the temperature that the aesthetician uses is precisely controlled to achieve a noticeable result. It must freeze the desired layer of subcutaneous fat but not damage other healthy or underlying tissues. Treatments designed to be used at home simply aren’t of the necessary strength or temperature to achieve results. Additionally, they don’t have the safety that clients will experience when they have a treatment done in an accredited, professional clinic.
What happens when the fat cells have been frozen?
When the fat cells are destroyed, they can no longer store any fat. The lymphatic system then knows to remove those dead cells and it will do this over a period of weeks. The aesthetician helps to stimulate this process by carrying out a localised massage after the freezing treatment.
Is cryolipolysis similar to liposuction?
It is in the sense that both procedures remove unwanted fat from the body, but cryolipolysis isn’t invasive like liposuction and it requires no downtime. Instead, cryolipolysis makes use of the body’s natural metabolic processes to remove destroyed fat cells from unwanted target sites over a period of time, without any discomfort. Liposuction, on the other hand, is a surgical treatment that requires an anaesthetic. It uses tubes to suck fat from the body and comes with certain risks.
Cryolipolysis is affordable, relaxing, and non-invasive. It also works! See our case studies to get an idea of the results that other clients have enjoyed and then contact our team to find out more about this popular and relaxing treatment and to find out if it might be right for you.
A reputable clinic
Our beautiful and professional clinic offers a range of aesthetic treatments that have been tried and tested and our aestheticians work to the highest standards to deliver superb cosmetic treatments in luxury surroundings and with a superb level of customer service. Whatever result you want to achieve, we can help you to enjoy the best possible results. Our clients are so delighted that most recommend our services to their own network and we enjoy a high degree of repeat business, with a confidential, supportive and caring environment in which we encourage our clients to relax and enjoy the process!
Please contact us today to find out more and we will be delighted to further advise. We look forward to welcoming you to our luxury clinic in MediaCityUK!